As the cost of health care continues to increase, planning and saving for hospital and other health-related expenses is an important and necessary part of a smart money management plan.
The Savings Bank offers a Health Savings Account (HSA). Qualified customers may want to consider the benefits that these accounts offer:
- Funds earn tax-exempt interest
- Funds and interest can be used for qualified medical expenses, tax-free
- Funds can be used to pay for expenses that apply toward the annual deductibles of qualified health plans
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
For: Individuals / Businesses
- Minimum Opening Deposit: $5
- Interest Bearing*
- Monthly Fee: $2
- Unlimited Checks / Withdrawals – Refer to IRS guidelines
- Monthly Statements
- First Order of Checks: No Fee
- Visa® debit card access **
- Online Banking (no fee)
- Online Bill Pay (no fee)
*Call 1-800-582-2265 for current rate information.
**No fee for use at any of The Savings Bank ATM locations.