Here are current positions available with The Savings Bank! Visit your local Savings Bank office for an employment application. See our contact page to phone or email us, too.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Part-time and Full-time Positions Available
Bank Customer Service Representatives are responsible for providing exceptional customer service, including efficient and accurate transaction processing. The alertness while processing financial transactions is of utmost importance. Customer Service Representatives report to a Customer Service Manager(s). The Customer Service Representative position is a non-exempt, hourly position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Accept retail and/or commercial deposits, loan payments, process checking and savings account withdrawals, redeem certificates of deposit and savings bonds, order checks, open accounts when deemed necessary.
• Cash checks while adhering to Bank guidelines.
• Maintain adequate cash drawer at all times according to the Bank cash allowance guidelines; including buying and selling currency from the vault as necessary.
• Balance cash drawer in accordance with Bank procedures and regulations including periodic batching of cashed checks and proof work.
• Process credit card cash advances for customers and non-customers and process payments on our credit cards.
• Verify cash when receiving from vault.
• Answer customer inquiries and refer customers to the proper service area for issues that cannot be resolved by the Customer Service Representative area.
• Provide additional products, including Official Checks, Travel and Gift Cards.
• Assist customers in accessing safety deposit boxes.
• Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
• Explain and promote the Bank’s products and services.
• Represent the Bank in a manner that maintains and expands positive relations with all customers, potential customers and co-workers.
• Perform as a team member in allocating and coordinating the work flow.
• Contribute to the fulfillment of department and company objectives and goals.
• Comply with all department and company policies, procedures, regulations and training requirements.
• Be flexible as scheduling may change.
• Be flexible in traveling to other branches as may be deemed necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, honesty and integrity, stress tolerance, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
• Mathematical skills
• Strong communication, organizational and problem solving skills.
• Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy.
• Competence with computers, telephone and other office equipment.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure as needed.
• The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank’s exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
• This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to Bank needs, customer and employee goodwill, and the public image.
• Familiar with retail banking regulations and Customer Service Representative roles and responsibilities relating to each.
• The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
• Previous teller experience preferred but not required.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of employees in this position. Further, this job description should not be considered an employment contract. All employment is employment-at-will. We reserve the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time.